This event is presented by WorkSafe Victoria.
Monday, 8 October 2018 from 7:00AM to 10:30AM (AEDT)
Studio Room, 185 Timor Street, Warrnambool, Level 1 Lighthouse Theatre, 3280 - View Map
A plated breakfast will be served at 7:30am.
7:00am to 7:30am: Doors open
7:30am to 9:00am: Health is your responsibility - presented by AFL great, Wayne Schwass
Since capturing Australia's attention as one of the most successful football players in AFL history, not only is Wayne Schwass a highly respected AFL broadcaster – he has become one of Australia's leading mental health advocate and suicide prevention crusader.
Join Wayne as he shares his own real life experiences with mental health to start an authentic conversation discussing:
- Health isn't just physical, its mental health too, but most people don't make that connection
- Prioritising your mental health is your responsibility
- Fear prevents us from seeking help and stops us from talking to others
- Why do we judge men for being emotional
- Safe topics
- Men don't cry
- Mental health conditions don't discriminate
- The importance of creating safe, supportive and non-judgmental environments that foster authentic conversations at home and at work
- Stigma is unacceptable
- You can recover, you can heal and life can be great again
9:15am to 10:15am: WorkSafe WorkWell - Supporting workplace mental health and wellbeing
Victorian's spend around a third of their time at work which is why mental health and wellbeing strategies have never been more important in our workplaces.
A positive workplace can improve morale, reduce absenteeism and increase productivity, which is good for everyone. The WorkSafe WorkWell program is a website and online toolkit offering practical steps to create healthier, more positive workplaces that promote good mental health and prevent mental injury or illness.
The WorkWell program provides resources, actions and steps that can be tailored to your small to medium sized workplace. Find out how businesses are already utilising the toolkit and how you can benefit.
Presented by the WorkWell team.
10:15am to 10:30am: Morning tea is served
Note: Alternatively you may wish to attend the Port Fairy event from 7:00am.