Host a health and safety event in your workplace
Can't make it to Health and Safety Month? There are plenty of ways to still get involved such as hosting your own health and safety event in your workplace.
Your event can be big or small, simple or in depth. There are no rules on creating or 'DIY-ing' your own event. Really, this is a simple way to show your commitment to having a positive safety environment at work and get everyone together to talk and learn health, safety and wellbeing.
We've developed some tips below to help you host your own event.
Plus, share a photo or comment about your workplace event on our Facebook page and go into the draw to win a Nespresso commercial coffee machine plus 1,200 coffee capsules. Now, that's a nice little bonus for the office! *
Below are some ideas for you to host your own event. Please don't be limited by our suggestions, you may have a better idea! Don't forget to share with us on our Facebook page (and name your business) for your chance to win.
Tips to host your own event
- Get your team together to watch a seminar via live webcast live from the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre. Information on webcasts can be found under the Live Broadcast section of the website.
- Have a team meeting and use our Injury Hotspots tool to identify common causes of injuries in your industry and discuss safety solutions. Visit worksafe.vic.gov.au/hotspots for more information.
- Hold occupational health and safety refresher training for your employees.
- Hold a morning tea and have a chat about the top causes of injuries in your industry.
- Can your business introduce new employee health and wellbeing programs into your workplace?
- Offer ergonomic work station set up/checks.
- Take initiative and hold an informal lunch and learn about safety of young workers.
- Reward or recognise an employee who has demonstrated excellence in health and safety or return to work.
- Launch a new health and wellbeing initiative for your employees.
Promoting your event internally? Download the WorkSafe Health and Safety Month logo to include on your collateral.
* Terms and Conditions apply