Host a Health and Safety Month Event in your workplace
Can't make it to Health and Safety Month? There are still plenty of ways to get involved – how about hosting your own workplace health and safety event?
Your event doesn't have to be big. Keep it simple! The aim is to get everyone together to talk about health, safety and wellbeing. It's a chance to demonstrate your commitment to creating a positive and safe environment.
It's also a chance for your organisation to WIN $3000 for a workplace upgrade!
- Download our Event Toolkit [PDF, 1211.07 KB]
- Host an event in your workplace
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about your event. Keep the description short and remember to include any photos of your event, as well as your name, your organisations name, address, social media handle(s) and your best contact phone number.
Tips and ideas for your event
- Get your team together to watch a live webcast
- Use our Injury Hotspots tool to identify common causes of injuries in your industry and discuss safety solutions at your next team meeting
- Hold an activity with your team – visit worksafeeveryday.com.au to find a range of activity ideas (learn what inspectors look for, find the hazards, assess the risks and fix the problems in your workplace)
- Hold occupational health and safety refresher training for your employees
- Hold a morning tea and chat about the top causes of injuries in your industry
- Complete the 'How safe is your workplace' online self-assessment – acknowledge what you're doing well and develop an action plan for areas of improvement
- Facilitate a team meeting to see if you can introduce new health and wellbeing programs into your workplace
- Offer ergonomic work station set up/checks
- Reward or recognise an employee who has demonstrated excellence in health and safety or return to work
- Encourage your team to check out some safety videos. There are a variety available on WorkSafe's YouTube channel, including instructional animations and case studies
- Launch a new health and wellbeing initiative for your employees
- Offer a tai chi, mindfulness or yoga class for your employees
- Print out, fill in, and pin up these posters [PDF, 56kB] around your workplace.
Download the Host your own Event Toolkit for more tips on hosting an event in your workplace.
AND don't forget to share your event on social media using the #hsmonth hashtag.